Terms & Conditions
- Unless inconsistent with the context, in these terms:
- “Agreement” means the application form and these terms.
- “Booking” means the booking form enclosed.
- “Booking cost” means the total booking cost specified on the booking form.
- “Booking period” means the period commencing when the Client arrives at the premises and ends when the Client leaves the premises.
- “Premises” means any hotels or conference centres we see fit to use.
- “Client” means the company, firm or individual specified on the booking form.
- “Programme” means Virgin Atlantic Airways Ltd / Flying Without Fear Ltd, Flying Without Fear programme as described in the booking form.
- “Terms” means these terms and conditions.
- “Virgin Atlantic” means Virgin Atlantic Airways Ltd.
- “Flying Without Fear Ltd” means the company that runs the course on behalf of Virgin Atlantic.
- Effect of terms
Unless otherwise agreed in writing by Virgin Atlantic / Flying Without Fear Ltd these terms supersede all previous terms and conditions and shall override any alternative conditions contained in any invoice or stipulated or referred to by the client.
- No variation of this agreement shall be effective unless made in writing and signed by a duly authorised director of Virgin Atlantic / Flying Without Fear Ltd and the client.
- The client shall pay to Flying Without Fear Ltd the booking cost in full before the programme is made available to the client.
- If the course has been booked online, through the Flying Without Fear Ltd website and an incorrect fee has been charged, Flying Without Fear Ltd reserves the right to charge the difference between the correct fee and the incorrect fee charged, prior to accepting the booking. For the avoidance of doubt, a confirmation letter does not constitute absolute acceptance on the course until the full fee has been paid.
- If an incorrect fee has been charged, and the client does not wish to pay any shortfall, the client will be entitled to a full refund of their booking fee provided it has been requested no later than 72 hours prior to the course.
- Any prices quoted by email by flying without fear ltd are valid for 7 days only.
- Cancellation by the client will only be valid if received in writing.
- If the client cancels a booking 30 days or more before the programme, then Flying Without Fear Ltd will repay 100% of the booking cost minus a £39 per place administration charge.
- If the client cancels a booking or cannot attend the course date with less than 30 days notice prior to the programme, then Flying Without Fear Ltd will retain 100% of the booking cost.
- The sums stipulated in clause 4.3 above represent liquidated damages to compensate Flying Without Fear Ltd for all losses incurred as a result of such cancellation and the parties acknowledge that they comprise reasonable pre-estimates of actual loss.
- For the purpose of all above, the expression “days” shall include Saturday, Sunday and any Public and Bank Holiday.
- Flying Without Fear Ltd’s obligations
Flying Without Fear Ltd’s only obligation shall be to provide the programme on a date to be agreed with the client. If a programme is cancelled or postponed by Flying Without Fear Ltd, then Flying Without Fear Ltd shall use its reasonable endeavours to offer the programme on an alternative date or shall make a full refund of the booking cost to the client.
The client acknowledges that, except in circumstances where any injury to the client is caused by the negligence of Virgin Atlantic / Flying Without Fear Ltd or its employees, Virgin Atlantic / Flying Without Fear Ltd shall not be liable for (and hereby excludes) any loss, damage or injury caused to the client during the programme including, without limitation, any economic loss, consequential loss, loss of profit, special loss or damage howsoever arising.
- In the unlikely event the client receives incorrect timings or dates, Flying Without Fear Ltd will solely offer either a full refund or a transfer to another equivalent Flying Without Fear Ltd course.
- Flying Without Fear Ltd shall use its reasonable endeavours to ensure that the course starts and finishes close to the estimated time stated on the confirmation letter. Flight time movement and delays / cancellations in aviation do occasionally occur. Flying Without Fear Ltd is not liable for any hotel, travel, or other associated costs.
- No guarantee
Flying Without Fear Ltd shall use its reasonable endeavours to help the client to overcome a fear of flying by use of the programme but in no way guarantees the success of the programme and no refund or part refund of the booking cost shall be made if the client believes that the programme has not been successful.
- Flying Without Fear Ltd reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to ask any client to leave any Flying Without Fear Ltd event. Flying Without Fear Ltd’s decision to remove any such person shall be final and Flying Without Fear Ltd shall not (notwithstanding anything contained in this agreement) compensate any person in any way in respect of such removal. The client hereby undertakes to comply with all lawful instructions of Flying Without Fear Ltd through the booking period.
- Flying Without Fear Ltd reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to turn down any booking for any Flying Without Fear Ltd event prior to the event occurring. For the avoidance of doubt, a confirmation letter does not constitute absolute acceptance on the course under these circumstances.
- Force Majeure
- If Flying Without Fear Ltd shall be prevented from performing any obligation to the client or from complying with instructions of the client by circumstances outside the reasonable control of Flying Without Fear Ltd, it shall be at its option either entitled to comply with those obligations or instructions as and when it is reasonably able to do so or to treat itself wholly or partly released from all obligations so prevented and will not be under liability to the client for any failure to perform those obligations and instructions.
The civil aviation authority has granted Flying Without Fear Ltd an exemption under the civil aviation (Air Travel Organisers’ Licensing) regulations. Therefore payments for this course are not ATOL protected. However Flying Without Fear Ltd have ensured that payment for each course is guaranteed.
- Governing law
This agreement shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- Flying Club Points
- The offer of 2,000 flying club miles need to be claimed within six months of attending our flying without fear course
- Contact from flying without fear ltd
- When booking with us, it is agreed that we may occasionally contact you with promotions or information linked to flying without fear events and trusted partner events that we think may be of interest to you. This is unless you email or write to us firstname.lastname@example.org with the word ‘unsubscribe’ in the subject line and your full name, address and email address in the body of the email/letter. You also have full control to unsubscribe by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ button at the bottom of any electronic message from flying without fear ltd. Any details held comply with data protection guidelines.