We hope that you enjoy using our website, safe in the knowledge that we are committed to protecting your privacy and security online. As of 25th May 2018, we have amended our policy in line with new GDPR.
Information we collect directly from you:
At the time of writing, you can browse our website, message board and blogs without providing any personal information whatsoever. No personal data is stored by or captured through the site without user’s prior knowledge and consent. Where personal information is captured (e.g. through web forms, message board registration and blog sign ups), the user will be aware of what information is given and why. Any personal information that you provide to us will only be used for the purpose stated at the time we request it or for related communications.
What data is collected?
We collect information directly from you when you choose to make or amend a booking with us, or provide information directly to us. The following are examples of information we may collect directly from you:
- When making a booking we ask you for your name; contact details such as phone and e-mail; loyalty programme details (if applicable); credit card details, your meal preference and occasionally information pertaining to your specific fears
- When joining or using our Flying Club loyalty programme, we ask you for your name; contact details such as email and phone numbers; address and date that you attended our flying without fear programme.
Your Information Security
We are committed to keeping personal information secure. We have appropriate technical, administrative and physical procedures in place to protect personal information from loss, misuse or alteration, and ensure it is only accessible by those who have a business need.
- You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you, via a subject access request.
- Upon receipt of such request we will, after confirming identity, provide all relevant data we may hold to you within the mandated time frame.
- If you instruct us to no longer process your personal data that we may hold we will do so as quickly as possible.
- Right to be forgotten. If we hold personal data about you, but it is no longer necessary for the purpose that it was collected and cannot otherwise be justified; you have the right to request that we delete the data.
- Right to stop marketing messages. You have always had the right to stop any marketing messages and telephone calls. There is an unsubscribe button on our blog. If you wish to unsubscribe, please click the unsubscribe button in the email.
What credit cards do we accept?
For online booking we accept most major credit and debit cards including Visa and MasterCard.
Is your credit card number secure online?
We use the latest SSL (Secure Socket Layer) technology, which ensures that any communications between your computer and ourselves is unreadable by anyone else. Your details are communicated in a secure encrypted format and we can check that the information has not been tampered with in any way.
Most browsers have some type of indicator to let you know if you have established a secure connection. If you are not sure, then consult the help section of your browser. If your browser does not support SSL technology then we recommend that you update to the latest version. Virgin Atlantic also uses 3D Secure which is a new technical standard developed by Visa and MasterCard which aims to further secure ‘Card Not Present’ (CNP) transactions over the Internet. This is the payment industry’s internet authentication standard which has been developed by the major card schemes. Visa has called their version of the scheme ‘Verified by Visa’ and MasterCard have called their equivalent initiative ‘MasterCard SecureCode’. These are both collectively referred to as 3D Secure which is the on-line equivalent of ‘chip and pin’.
Social Plug Ins
We use so-called social plugins (buttons) of social networks such as Facebook and Twitter. When you visit our website, these buttons are not active without your intervention. Before you can use these buttons, you must activate them by clicking on them.