The Highly acclaimed Virgin Atlantic ‘Flying Without Fear’ programme was set up in November 1997. The courses usually run around 20+ times per year which means that there is a course somewhere in the UK every month when we can. Our sole purpose is to give you back the choice to fly. Fear can be very debilitating when it stops you doing something that you want to do. Not being able to fly at all, or fly comfortably, seriously limits our life choices. Sure, you can manage around flying and avoid it if you have to; but at what cost? You were not born with the fear of flying; you learned it. This course has been created and honed to help you to make new choices for the future. Literally packed full of information, techniques and strategies – we will help you to learn new ways to think about flying.
In November 1997, we set up our courses with a few simple aims that we have stuck with ever since – no matter how big or small the course is. We have a range of solutions to help you to get rid of your fears. We are constantly changing what we do with that rather elusive aim of getting it ‘perfect’ – well, there is no harm in trying is there? We will keep innovating and improving to get our fear solutions just right so that you can get back control in your life. It is possible to avoid flying; to manage around it; to create reasons not to fly. However, we know that as you are now reading our site, you have probably decided enough is enough. By now, you have decided that it is time to consult a professional group of people with a trusted reputation to help you. In 2003, we changed our offering to include a narrated flight.
Our aims are fairly simple and here they are.
- To give you back control of how you travel
- To keep the staff ratio high so that our courses feel as friendly and as welcoming as when we started with just 8 delegates on 1st Nov 1997
- To treat you as adults who are professional, capable people that just happen to have fears/phobias
- To give you honest facts about flying safety
- To give you tried and tested psychological techniques and approaches
- To pamper you while you are with us on the Premium full day course – hence, we give you proper food and refreshments all day included in the price
- To make your day fun as well as informative